This picture comes from One Charming Party, she has some really fun ideas for Easter baskets here.
Here are 50 ideas you can stuff your baskets with that aren’t candy. It feels like between community Easter egg hunts, grandmas house, school hand outs, church, etc. there is SO much sugar going on. Try some of these ideas to fill the majority of your basket with instead of candy. My little boy still talks about the Buzz swimming suit he got last year. He doesn’t even remember anything else.
Lightning McQueen towel, swimming suit, fruit leathers, honey taffies (they are taffies made from all honey), a golf club and ball shaped like a carrot and Easter egg golf ball, seeds for the garden,and sand/garden tools . Scotty just built him a brand new sandbox, which he practically lives in.
Big bunny towel, swimming suit (that is too die for by the way),hair bows, a big bouncy ball, and some bubbles! She is too young for anything other than baby food still!
Most of Isaiah’s and Skye’s Easter basket items are from the dollar store. The swimming suit and towels they needed anyway. Your baskets don’t have to be elaborate to be fun and appreciated by kids. Besides the real meaning of Easter isn’t all in the basket anyway. On a side note for the whole family I might pick up Great Harvest’s bread bunnies or make some.
1. Bubbles- kids love these
2. Stickers-Dora, Spiderman, whatever they are into
3. A small puzzle. Hide the puzzle pieces in plastic eggs as part of the scavenger hunt.
4. Match box cars- always a hit
5. Bath toys
6. Band aids with characters on them
7. Coupons to go on a date with mom or dad
8. Bouncy balls
9. A jump rope
10. Dress up clothes- Isaiah has been begging me for more of these
11. Live butterfly garden, I haven’t tried this one but it looks like a lot of fun and has gotten a lot of good reviews on Amazon
12. Sock bunnies
13. Hair bows, clips
14. A book, this is a cute one
15. Mini chalk board/ chalk
16. Window markers
17. Side walk chalk
18. Play dough or modeling clay- you can even make your own. Put small balls of it in your plastic Easter eggs
Fun in the Kitchen
20. Easter cookie cutters- we like to make eggs in a basket with these
21. Small baking utensils; rolling pin, measuring cups, spoons, spatula-IKEA has cute ones
22. Cute apron
Soon To Be Summer Fun
24. Flip flops
25. Sand toys
26. Spray bottle-Isaiah loves to play with his outside and it doesn’t get too much water everywhere
27. Soccer ball or bouncy ball
28. Bathing Suit
29. Towel for the pool- with a character
31. Water balloons
32. Pet frog or goldfish
Get Your Garden On
33. Glow in the Dark Bugs
34. Garden tools; small shovel, rake, etc.
35. Seeds – kids love something that is their very own to take care of in the garden
36. Pots to plant small plants in
Older Kid Ideas
38. Fun socks*
39. Lip gloss or chapstick*
40. Rain boots, and rain jackets (this is a great idea from our Facebook community)*
41. Rain jacket (this is a great idea from our Facebook community)*
42. Nail polish
43. Board game *
44. Card Game
45. Tickets to a play/sporting event/movie *
46. Summer pajamas (toddlers would love this too!)*
47. Money, dollars or coins can be stuffed into Easter eggs*
48. Gift certificates
49. Magazine subscription
50. Head phones
*Toddlers would love these gifts too.
Any I missed, add your ideas in the comment section!