6 Breadless Sandwiches
These snack-wiches or un-wiches for lack of a better name are SO much fun because they switch up the old peanut butter and jelly routine. I just did a segment on Studio 5 show demoing how to make 5 of them. You can check it out here. They were a huge hit on the show and are getting pinned all over the place. I think you will LOVE them as much as we do here at our house. Plus it is a sneaky way to get more fruits and veggies in your little ones as well as yourself. Isaiah favorite sandwiches are the apple and pear sandwiches with peanut butter and honey. These un-wiches are great for me as well because I can’t have wheat and I don’t love the taste or starchiness of most gluten free breads.
-Brie, or cream cheese
-Apricot or Berry Jelly no sugar added
1. Spread one pear slice with cheese and jelly
2. Sandwich with another pear slice
-Peanut butter-no oils or sugars added
1.Core the apple and slice into rounds.
2. Spread peanut butter, on one apple slice a
3. Sprinkle on the granola and raisins
4. Top the sandwich with another apple slice.
Almond Butter,Strawberry,and Honey Waffle Sandwich
Butter Head Lettuce and Feta Avocado Salad Wraps (Lettuce Boats)
-3 Plum tomatoes-chopped
-4 ripe avocado-pitted and chopped
-1/4 C finely chopped red onion
-1 clove garlic
-1/3 C cilantro
-2 T red wine vinegar
-4 oz. feta cheese
-1 head butter head lettuce
1. Gently stir all o f the ingredients together.
2. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours to let the flavors meld.
3.Wash leaves of lettuce and dry well.
4.Wrap feta avocado salad in butter head lettuce to make a wrap.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Avocado Sandwich
-Red pepper (you can use fresh or roasted, both are good just different flavors)
-Black Bean Hummus
1. Preheat the oven to 425
2. Slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
3. Spray the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
4. Roast until fork tender about 20 minutes-depending on how thick you cut your sweet potatoes
5. Pull out of the oven and let them cool
6. Once cooled spread the sweet potatoes with black bean spread (I love Trader Joes)
7. Add sliced avocado, and sliced red pepper to the sandwich
8. Top with the another sweet potato round