Can you believe I haven’t posted to this blog since FEBRUARY!!! I have a couple of good reasons, three to be exact…..
1. I was very pregnant, (ready to pop prego). So pregnant in fact my well intended father in law told me, if you try to go through that door sideways you might not fit (I carry a lot in my belly).
2. We were in the middle, actually still ARE in the middle of remodeling our new home. We basically rebuilt the home that we bought, tearing out walls, flipping the stairs, and my favorite part gutting the kitchen to build my DREAM kitchen.
3. The last reason I haven’t posted forever is the best news… I had my sweet little lady!! We named her Skye, she weighed 7’14 and was 19 inches long. I will have to post on natural child birth and things you can take to that help heal fast, and about nutrition after baby a.k.a how to loose the baby weight, a work in progress. With all that said my intentions are to not go MIA posting on this blog again unless of course I have a newborn, remodel, and move again, and it that case shoot me.
Other exciting news we finally moved into our new home, and it is my DREAM kitchen!! As soon as the bar is on my island I will post the final pictures.
Lately anything I cook has been quick and simple, yet still trying to keep it healthy. This is a good go to recipe for a quick and tasty soup. I love soup because it is great as leftovers and you can even freeze it. Freezer meals are awesome I have been using up a bunch of those on days I am too tired to cook.
To make this soup vegetarian omit the chicken and add another can of beans, and add vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
2 breasts of chicken (optional)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 28 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes (muir glen is my brand of choice)
10 sprigs cilantro
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
salt to taste
8 cups chicken broth
1.Add all the ingredients to a large soup pot.
2. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Pull out the chicken and shred it.
4. Add the chicken back to the soup. Pull out the sprigs of cilantro.
5. Top with lime, fresh cilantro, cheese, and homemade tortilla chips***.
***To make your own tortilla chips, spray tortillas cut into wedges with olive or grapeseed oil and broil on high until crispy. Flip over and broil on the other side until crispy.